Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Sweet Oval








One spot on our trip that I thought deserves it's own post, is our experience at the University of New Hampshire. One of our relatives Paul Sweet was a legendary cross country/track coach there from 1927-1972 (I think those were the dates, I know it was almost 50 yrs.). We were surprised that the indoor track was dedicated and named after him. When we mentioned we were related to Paul, we were treated like VIP's. The current coach ran for him, and is only the second coach since Paul retired in the '70's. There is so much respect for him still by everyone. I really like UNH, and there dedication to the student athletes. It reminded me of LSSU a little bit. This was a great experience to hear all the stories and learn more about our ancestry. Here's a link to the update on the Sweet Oval: http://unhwildcats.com/sports/wtrack/woutdoortrack/2008-09/releases/archivepage.cfm-pid=4914D681-FADD-B21F-96904975E5F5E487.htm

No comments: