Saturday, July 4, 2009

Denied The Cup-Again!!!


It was bad enough that the Detroit Red Wings flopped in the Stanley Cup Finals, losing the last two games to a less talented and less worthy Pittsburgh Penguins. The only silver lining in this dark cloud was that Sault native, former Soo Greyhound, and current Penguin Tyler Kennedy would bring hockey's 'Holy Grail' up north here for all local fans to enjoy. So he did. Unfortunately for Lily, Trevor, myself, and hundreds of other fans who waited in line for hours, we were denied the Cup once again. The staff at the Essar Centre must have brainstormed to come up with the least logical and least efficient way to get fans through to meet Tyler and see the Cup. Instead of hurrying people along, the staff let the lucky few who made it to the front chat with Tyler like they were old friends who had all day to catch up. No offense to Tyler, but we were there just to see the Cup so the kids could get their picture taken with it. No big deal for me, as I've seen it a few times already, and have been to Toronto to see the 'real' Cup. So I guess this just adds fuel to my fire, another reason to despise the Penguins-denying my kids a chance to see the Stanley Cup.
I did get a pic of the kids with the Cup in the background, and I guess that's as close as they'll get for now.

No comments: