Thursday, July 15, 2010

'Almost' Like Real Baseball...


Well, Monday we had a real good practice as a team. Only six kids showed, but, hey, it's late in the season and it's only a practice, right? We did need to get ready for Wednesday, which was our first 'real' type game. All the players were so excited...that only FOUR showed up. Yep, we played 4-on-9, and lost 10-1. Lily did well at the plate, going 2-3 including a triple in the second. Trevor went 1-3, but had the RBI single that drove Lily home from 3rd for our only run. In the field, Lily played first, and I put Trevor at the 'hot corner'. Both made some good plays, and kept the ball in front of them. Before the game, a league official asked how my attendance had been. I told him we've had nine consistently. I know my assistant coach was out of town with his son, and another had a tooth out, so I was aware we'd be a couple short...but only four? Oh, and the other team had four coaches, too. One at first and third while they were hitting and one even helped us out catching. The kids that showed really work hard and were given double snacks after the game. Hope next week we have a better turn out.

No comments: