Thursday, September 15, 2011

Friday Night Lights








I've lived up here for he better part of eighteen years, and it may be hard to believe I've only been to one high school football game. That was about 12 years ago, when the Blue Devil were in the same league as Cadillac, and hosted the Vikings. I decided it was time to take in another game, and the kids were right there with me. They had a fun time, but spent most of the game socializing with their friends. That's what these games are to them, though, a social gathering, and I remember doing the same thing during my elementary school days in Gull Lake and Cadillac. Even Brian was pretty good, lasting three quarters of the game. Trevor got into a little trouble for taking pictures of the cheerleaders with his phone, but, hey, he's a guy, too, I guess. I hope we can get another game in, and I maybe even make it back to Central Michigan for a game this fall.

No comments: