Tuesday, May 19, 2009

First Baseball Game Of The Season




Getting a baseball game in here in the Soo in May is a great achievement. I think last year we were barely able to practice at this time. It was pretty hectic tonight, though, as we've only had one practice as a team. We're just trying to get the kids out of their bad habits and getting them to play the right way. At this level, the coaches pitch to their own team and sometimes the kids use a tee. Trevor is the youngest on the team at six. He hit a couple of foul balls his first at bat, and hit a good one off of the tee. Lily hit live pitching both times, and really had a good rip at her second at bat. The kids just spread out in the infield like last year, but we're getting them to throw to different bases and teach some better knowledge of the game. I'll be heading out of town for two weeks of training, so will miss a bit of the season. One of the other dad's is covering for me, which is nice. He seems very patient with the kids and has a good feel for the game at this level. I'll try to have Lisa e-mail me some pics of the kids baseball and soccer games while I'm gone to keep this updated.

No comments: