Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sault Soccer Season Ends












Ok, I've been so busy, and I usually try to have an entry for every game, but this season it just didn't happen. Trevor's team had a rough year, finishing last, but he still had a good time playing. He missed the last two games, one because his leg hurt, and the second because we didn't receive the e-mail about it until it was too late. I've stated how disappointed I am in how this league is run, and I think the kids were feeling it this season also. We had pretty high hopes at the beginning, since Trevor was on the same team as his best friend Alec, but with only a few practices, it was hard to compete in game. I'm not sure if he'll play again, even with his friends playing, because of his experience this season. Toward the end his team was often short-handed, which didn't give the kids a lot of time for a break in the heat. We didn't receive any calls or anything from the coach telling us about the last game...which wasn't on the schedule. It's hard to justify yelling at the kids for being out of position when the league hasn't put enough practice time in to teach this to them. My negative views aside, I hope Trevor enjoyed most of the season playing with his friends. I know he wants to play football again, and has even talked about playing baseball again, too. We have an ice cream social next week when he'll get his trophy. I know that there are more pics of Lily playing softball than Trevor, but that wasn't intentional. I'm usually busy chasing Brian around at the soccer games, and it's hard to get better pics, and he missed the last two games.

No comments: